ISTE vs. AL Digital Literacy and Computer Science Standards

     


In one of my Master's classes I was introduced to the ISTE standards.  Prior to this class, I did not know they were even a thing.  While they do not include a Pre-K section, they are very useful!  Some of the information in the ISTE standards, even I was unaware of as falling under certain umbrellas of information.  

    In the previously mentioned class, we also took a look at the Alabama Digital Literacy and Computer Science Standards.  I was more so familiar with these.  These are laid out very similar to our normal state standards we have to go by.  Therefore, they are much easier for me to understand compared to ISTE standards.  

    As with many people who are introduced to something new, it can be rather confusing.  Our assignment was to "unpack" each set of these standards.  This assignment clarified both sets of standards tremendously.  It also allowed me to draw similarities between the two sets of standards.  

Click on the picture above to see the graphic organizer in a full screen format.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Charlotte's Web

Because of Winn-Dixie